THE SHORT READ
Here at Coconuts Naturally, we are committed to safeguarding the data and privacy of visitors to our website and subscribers to our email mailing list. This policy outlines in detail how we use any information received from you and the rights that you have over that information.
You have the right to unsubscribe from our email list at any time, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by following the unsubscribe link in an email you have received.
THE LONG READ
We are company number 08930892 registered in England. Our registered office is at 7/10 Chandos Street, London W1G 9DG.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. Our policy is not just an exercise in complying with the law, but a continuation of our respect for you and your personal information.
Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
1. DATA WE PROCESS
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into groups as follows:
· Your identity includes information such as first name, last name and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time.
· Your contact information includes information such as your email address or other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting.
· Technical data includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
· Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing emails from us.
2. THE BASES ON WHICH WE PROCESS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
3. INFORMATION WE PROCESS WITH YOUR CONSENT
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. INFORMATION WE PROCESS FOR THE PURPOSE OF LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
· whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
· whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
· whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
· record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
· responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
· protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
· insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
· protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
· in order to comply with a statutory obligation
5. SPECIFIC USES OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
Job application and employment. If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
Communicating with us. When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
7. CONTROL OVER YOUR OWN INFORMATION
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
At any time you may request to review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information we hold about you, you should also email us at the same address.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
8. RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
· to provide you with the services you have requested
· to comply with other law
· to support a claim or defence in court.
9. COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website.